Williams-Sonoma maneuvering to offset higher costs
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/20/2010 12:44:00 PM
San Francisco – Williams-Sonoma Inc. is working with vendors to address rising raw material costs, but is heavily focused on creating cost savings in other areas to balance overhead.
“We are cognizant that we have an uphill battle on costs, particularly out of Asia,” said Laura Alber, who will step into the ceo role next week upon the retirement of Howard Lester. “It is a real issue.”
The company engaged in a packaging initiative to reduce over-packaging. It has in-sourced its hubs for regional ships and has already reduced cartons by 9%. Headquarters will move into a new building, and call centers are now doing outbound calls to generate sales.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...