Target doesn’t expect pricier merch until spring ’11
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/19/2010 9:56:00 AM
Minneapolis – Target’s chief merchant told analysts during the company’s conference call today that the retailer doesn’t expect more expensive goods to arrive at retail until spring 2011.
“There are costing pressures coming through – on cotton, on paper, copper, synthetic fabrics,” said Kathy Tesija, executive vp, merchandising.
More expensive merchandise would arrive at the earliest in late fall “if we start chasing products,” she said.
She said Target will have to decide whether to pass along cost increases or restructure the products.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...