Sunbrella engages consumers via social media
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/13/2010 11:47:00 AM
Glen Raven, N.C. -- Performance fabric brand Sunbrella is deploying social media to boost consumer interest and retailer support, as evidenced by its recent use of Facebook and Twitter.
Facebook fans of Sunbrella were given access to behind-the-scenes images and outtakes of a recent product photo shoot, while the brand used Twitter to circulate news about its fabrics and rugs being featured in a Restoration Hardware outdoor catalog.
“Until recently, marketing was mostly a one-way dialogue between a company and its audience,” said Gina Wicker, design and creative director for Glen Raven, Inc, makers of Sunbrella fabrics. “Social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter, encourage conversations and help establish deeper, more meaningful relationships between the Sunbrella brand and its most loyal followers.”
The company said it has added these web fan-agglomeration tools its initial cyber offering, the Sunbrella blog, lives since early 2009.
"The Sunbrella blog engages readers with information regarding upcoming events they can attend as well as special projects and ideas that invite them to experience the Sunbrella brand for themselves,” Wicker said. “We look forward to the reader comments we receive on the blog as we are constantly seeking new content and topics to cover.”
The company uses Facebook and Twitter in different ways.
“Twitter introduces us to people who use our product and allows us to follow and respond to their conversations in real time,” Wicker said. The Facebook Sunbrella fan page is used for more in-depth participation. For instance, fans are encouraged to submit images of their projects using Sunbrella fabrics, the company said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...