Asda names new ceo
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/11/2010 9:19:00 AM
London – Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has promoted chief operating officer Andy Clarke to president and ceo, effective immediately.
Clarke joined Asda in 1992 and worked in a variety of roles, including store manager, business unit director of grocery categories and was retail managing director for Asda’s central division. Between 2001 and 2005, he held senior roles at Matalan and Iceland before returning to Asda as retail director. He was named Asda’s chief operating officer in 2007.
As Clarke steps into his new position, Andy Bond will now become chairman of Asda’s executive committee.
“I’m delighted to appoint Andy Clarke to be my successor,” said Andy Bond. “He was clearly the right choice from the internal and external candidates we considered. I’m looking forward to doing everything I can to ensure a smooth transition for Andy in his new role.”
Saidur Rahman - 2011-08-07 10:28:39 EDT
I am from Bangladesh and like to supply home textiles like bed sheet with 2 pillow cover price range is $ 40-80. Its high quality and hand made embroiderer from Jessore area in Bangladesh. Would you please check the design and quality it will be helpful for making a business relation.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...