Arrow Home to Debut House of Deréon
By Jennifer Marks -- Home Textiles Today, 5/10/2010 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Beyoncé and Tina Knowles have set their sights on home. Their House of Deréon and Deréon brands begin showing to retailers later this month, with more than a dozen designs between them as well as sheet set and coverlet programs.
Arrow Home Fashions secured the license for the brands at the end of last year and worked quickly to turn out collections featuring European inspired prints and colors, bohemian patchwork pieces, metallic threads, shams with diamond quilt stitching and feminine dressmaking details.
“The details definitely tie back to fashion,” said Jody Folino, vp sales and design, Arrow Home.
Both collections are being presented to major department and specialty stores with retail prices ranging from $149.99 to $199.99 for House of Deréon and $49.99 to $99.99 for Deréon.
House of Deréon addresses the master bedroom, while the more print-oriented Deréon line targets a younger customer, age 15 to 30.
Sheet sets in House of Deréon will feature richly embroidered cuffs in four embroidery colors on white or ivory that can tie back into the bedding ensembles. Sets will retail for $69.99.
“We're making it very flexible for the retailer,” said Folino.
Although there's a heavy emphasis on details throughout the collection, the intention from the beginning was always to position the home collection to be affordable, said Tina Knowles.
“There's a lot of beautiful bedding out there,” she said. “You can find bedding with dressmaker details and the fun, but they're also expensive.”
Knowles learned sewing from her mother, a dressmaker. Although known for her apparel designs, Knowles has designed custom window and bedding for her home in Houston as well as her daughter's homes, she said.
“I've been dreaming about home since we started the line,” she said. “I love pleating. I love pin-tucking. I love beading.”
It shows. A number of specialty apparel treatments have been applied to the comforters, and the decorative pillows are even more specialized.
At home, Knowles said with a laugh, “My bed has 12 to 14 pillows on it.”
The bedding collections are the first step in Beyond Productions' — the Knowles' brand management company — strategy with Arrow Home Fashions for home. Following the bedding launch, Arrow will expand the collection into bath accessories, towels, table linens and table top.
Philip Davis, president of Beyond Productions, said, “We're expecting our Deréon and House of Deréon home products to perform extremely well. Given our price points and the extra attention to every last detail we know our customer will be just as proud of these collections as we are.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...