Dollar Gen. taps Shaffer as acting ceo
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/18/2002 12:00:00 AM
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN —
The board of directors at Dollar General has elected Donald Shaffer as acting ceo while the search for a long-term ceo continues. Shaffer will continue to serve in his posts of president and coo. Cal Turner, previously ceo, will become chairman.
The company added that no timetable has been set to find a permanent ceo, though Shaffer is on the list of candidates under consideration.
A former ceo of Sears Canada, Heilig-Meyers and Western Auto, Shaffer joined Dollar General in 2001.
In September, Turner, who had served as ceo since 1977, announced that he would relinquish his position as ceo and become chairman.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...