Stein Mart says it loud in TV spots
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/3/2003 12:00:00 AM
JACKSONVILLE, FL —
Stein Mart last week launched its first national television advertising campaign centered on a new tag line, "Once you go, you get it."
Airing on network and cable TV channels, including HGTV, Food Network, Style, Lifetime and A&E, the campaign features real Stein Mart shoppers and also includes print and radio advertisements, direct mail and in-store signs. The campaign represents a new direction for Stein Mart's advertising, which has traditionally focused on newspaper insertions and display advertising.
"The premise of the campaign is simple. Our customers are passionate about Stein Mart and they love to share stories about their shopping experiences," said Michael D. Fisher, president and ceo. "Research shows that the most popular way for women to learn about new products is from friends. By inviting real Stein Mart customers to share their stories on-air, we can extend that camaraderie into the homes of women who have not shopped with us, and invite them to participate in our unique shopping experience."
The national campaign follows a pilot effort that took place last summer in six markets — San Antonio, Tucson, Austin, Phoenix, Tampa and Atlanta.
Consisting of thirty-second and sixty-second spots, the television ads feature Stein Mart shoppers talking about their shopping experiences and about products.
The 20 women appearing in the TV campaign were cast from several hundred shoppers in Dallas, Kansas City and Atlanta. Future casting sessions will be held around the country in 2004.
Stein Mart operates 264 stores in 29 states.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...