Dillard’s narrows loss
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/19/2005 11:04:00 AM
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Dillard’s, Inc. reported a net loss for the second quarter of $12.3 million, a marked improvement against last year’s loss of $26 million.
The company stated that the improvement was attributable to positive comps, improved gross margin performance, decreased advertising, selling, general and administrative expenses and decreased interest expense.
Included in the loss were pretax asset impairment and store closing charges of $6 million.
Net sales for the period were up 1 percent, to $1.69 billion from $1.67 billion a year ago. Comps also improved 1 percent.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...