Quaker's Degomes retires; sells stock
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/29/2002 12:00:00 AM
FALL RIVER, MA —
Tony Degomes, vp, new business development at Quaker Fabric, has elected to take early retirement.
Degomes has sold his interest in Nortex Holdings Inc. — which holds 17.2 percent of Quaker's shares, according to Quaker's annual meeting notice — to Larry Liebenow, president and ceo of Quaker, and Duncan Whitehead, Quaker's vp of research and technology. Prior to this transaction, Liebenow held 18.8 percent of Quaker's shares and Whitehead held 17.6 percent, the same amount as Degomes.
Degomes, a long-time associate of Liebenow and Whitehead, most recently was responsible for launching Quaker's contract fabric program targeted to the office and hospitality segments.
Liebenow said, "Tony and his team have done an outstanding job of paving the way for a major move by Quaker into the office and hospitality segment of the fabric industry. And we are definitely going to miss him."
Bea Spires, vp, styling and design, will be responsible for the design and development of the company's contract fabric line as well as the residential line. Tom Muzekari, vp, marketing, will be responsible for the marketing and distribution of the products into the contract market.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...