Dashe relinquishes titles at Cost Plus, plans to retire
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/9/2005 12:32:00 PM
OAKLAND , Calif. — Murray Dashe has stepped down as chairman, CEO and president of Cost Plus, Inc., with plans to retire.
Danny Gurr, a director of the company since 1995, was named president and CEO on an interim basis to assist in the transition. Additionally, Fredric Roberts, a director since 1999, was named non-executive chairman of the board.
Gurr has a wide variety of retail and business experience, stated Cost Plus. He currently serves as a retail and publishing consultant and is a director of Make Believe Ideas Ltd. Previously, he served as president of Quarto Holdings, Inc., an international co-edition publisher.
Roberts heads his own investment banking firm, F.M. Roberts & Company, and has over 30 years of investment banking experience. He served as the 1993 chairman of the board of governors of the National Association of Securities Dealers, which at that time owned and operated The Nasdaq Stock Market.
The company’s board of directors stated that it will begin a search for a new CEO immediately.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...