RetailExchange, freightquote team up
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 1/1/2001 12:00:00 AM
BOSTON -RetailExchange.com, a business-to-business exchange for excess consumer goods, has entered into a strategic alliance with freightquote.com, a provider of online business-to-business freight and logistics services, to integrate freightquote.com's logistics tools and shipping services into RetailExchange.com's excess goods marketplace.
"Our alliance will enable buyers on RetailExchange-.com to simultaneously view multiple carrier offerings and transportation modes, consider numerous options based on price, transit time, carrier and availability, and instantly schedule shipments," said Timothy Barton, freightquote.com chairman and ceo. "We will provide RetailExchange.com with a state-of-the-art e-shipping solution offering more convenient than traditional freight forwarding methods."
Kenneth Frieze, president and ceo of RetailExchange-.com, said, "Adding freightquote.com is an important step in our plan to provide comprehensive transaction support services to our exchange members. The addition of transport services is especially beneficial for retailers and manufacturers that may not have established logistics networks."
RetailExchange.com's site includes a section for soft home goods, among others.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...