Santens Gets Michelle Sinai License, Diversifies Looks
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/25/2004 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Domestic towel producer Santens has forged an alliance with Michelle Sinai to manufacture sheered and looped terry jacquard towels in the United States set to retail for $14.99 on oversized 30-by-54 bath towels.
The collection includes: Honeycomb, a sheered velour towel in five colors; Foulard, a geometric marled yarn motif in three tonal hues; Shadow, a striped, more masculine look in marled yarn in three colorways; Venice, an all-over mini jacquard design in four colors; and Gateway, an all-over scroll design in four colors.
In other news, Santens has launched a new line of open-stock gift-driven hand towels featuring teenage-inspired sayings in black lettering such as Get Out, Shut Up, What's Up With That, It's All About Me and Me, Me. Me. These white conversation piece towels will retail for $9.99 and target back-to-school and holiday gift giving.
The company also has been paying more attention to the jacquard part of its towels, then placing intricate details on jacquards to set them apart in the marketplace.
“We really needed to pay attention to what we do best — which is jacquards — instead of coming out with looks that everyone else can do as well,” Jennifer Buffalo, Santens' vice president of merchandising, said.
Some new techniques and trends Santens presented at the recent New York Home Textiles Market included ombre embroidery, embroidered ombre towels, island-inspired skin motifs in fashion colors, seashore themes and casual looks with chenille striping and jacquard borders.
Santens has also added four new sherbet colors to its Casuals palette in pale aqua, lemon ice, rosewater and eucalyptus. Other new collections include Animal Skins, Stripes, Tranquility, Bridal and Embroidered.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...