Retailers Honored at ADL Annual Awards
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/22/2009 12:00:00 AM
New York —
About 400 friends, relatives and business associates across the entire home furnishings spectrum gathered at the Grand Hyatt Hotel here earlier this month to salute Gordon Segal, Lester Gribetz and Jeff Cook, honorees of the National Home Furnishings Industry Anti-Defamation League’s annual awards.
The event raised about $500,000 for the organization.
Segal, chairman and co-founder of Crate & Barrel, was presented with the Lifetime Humanitarian Award. Gribetz, long-time home furnishings retail executive and now president of Lenox, received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Cook, a veteran furniture executive and currently president of Broyhill, received the American Heritage Award.
Neil Goldberg, president of Raymour & Flanigan Furniture, Liverpool, N.Y., and Joe Laneve, senior vp of Bloomingdale’s, were industry chairs for the event.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...