The Village People to headline High Point charity event
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/12/2010 12:48:00 PM
High Point, N.C. — Iconic 1970s rockers The Village People will headline a fundraising auction and concert in the AFD showroom at the High Point Market to raise funds for Children Against Hunger.
Called a Celebration of Life, the event will take place Monday, April 19, in the home furnishings, accents and lighting source's showroom at 122 N. Hamilton St.
A fundraising auction will start at 5 p.m., to be followed by the concert. The catered event is free to all registered trade professionals.
The auction will feature high-end furnishings and accessories. George Eouse, president and ceo of AFD, said that every $125 donated to the charity "actually goes to save a child's life," because it provides 500 meals. Eouse and AFD has a goal of providing 1 million meals in 2010.
The auction will feature "rarities from all over the world," Eouse said, including hand-knotted rugs, marble sculptures and antiques. A raffle also will also be held to give away iPads.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...