Textiles jobs drop again in March
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/1/2005 12:16:00 PM
WASHINGTON , D.C. — The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today that, after seasonal adjustments, 7,600 textiles and apparel jobs were lost in March.
Breaking down the job losses by sector, textiles lost 3,100 jobs while apparel lost 4,500. Job losses in March bring the total industry job losses during the 90 days of the first quarter of 2005 to 17,200, according to the American Manufacturing Trade Action Coalition (AMTAC), a trade group focused on preserving U.S. textiles jobs.
Since January 2001, U.S. textiles and apparel employment has fallen from 1.05 million to 665,900 as of March 2005, stated AMTAC. The loss of 381,300 jobs represents 36.4 percent of the January 2001 workforce.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...