Flammability Tests for Bedding Continue
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/27/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — The Home Fashion Products Association (HFPA) urges members to keep alert that the bedding flammability issue is still active. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is awaiting results of a new range of “Precision and Bias” flammability tests now underway by the California Bureau of Home Furnishings and Thermal Insulation.
The California results and regulation, which may be finalized by the end of 2006, could form the basis for national regulation in 2007.
Down and feather products are not exempt in the proposed draft legislation, contrary to what was indicated in earlier reports, said the HFPA.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...