Indo Count Grooms Organic Output
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/2/2008 12:00:00 AM
Mumbai, India —
Indo Count recently joined the league of sustainable textile producers by earning certified status from Control Union (which absorbed the SKAL certifying agency) for 100% organic cotton, as well as Cotton Exchange for products that blend organic cotton with other fibers.
"Indo Count now boasts of being one of the large-scale organic cotton manufacturers who are vertically integrated, right from spinning, weaving, finishing, printing to made ups," said Mohit Jain, director.
The manufacturer is currently producing organic cotton products for U.S. retailers — including mass market — as well as a designer brand.
Jain noted that with the upcharge for organic running approximately 40% vs. an upcharge of about 8% for blended, "We see customers going for a mix of both products."
Earlier this year, Indo Count expanded into the quilt and curtain categories.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...