Neiman triples profits, nabs Sears exec
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/9/2004 12:00:00 AM
DALLAS — The Neiman Marcus Group has hired Steven Dennis as senior vice president, strategy, business development and multi-Channel Marketing. He will report to Burton Tansky, president and CEO of The Neiman Marcus Group.
Dennis spent twelve years with Sears, Roebuck and Co, where he held positions of increasing responsibility in strategy, new business development, general management and marketing. His most recent position was vice president, corporate strategy.
During his tenure with Sears, Steven led their multi-channel efforts and played a key role in the creation of the new "Sears Grand" store concept and the acquisition of Lands' End. Prior to Sears, he spent five years with The NutraSweet Company in a variety of business development and new product marketing roles, and two years with Booz, Allen & Hamilton, Inc. as a strategy consultant.
It was the lastest news in a busy week for the upstairs retail company. After the bell on Tuesday, the company reported that fourth fiscal quarter profits virtually tripled, shooting up 187 percent, to $20.6 million from $7.2 million last year.
The performance was fueled by a double-digit gain in same-store sales in a thriving market for luxury goods, as well as stronger margins and lower costs. Sales at the nation's premier carriage-trade retailer increased 12.3 percent, to $789 million from $702.7 million, while the crucial gauge of same-store sales jumped 12.5 percent.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...