Waites, Boyd to decorate Japan show house
-- Home Textiles Today, 2/20/2009 1:29:00 PM
New York – U.S. designers Raymond Waites and Eileen Kathryn Boyd will participate in the inaugural designer house show being put on next month by the new International Home Furnishings and Design association chapter in Japan.
The show will open March 4 in Yokohama City, Japan, and will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the city as a major seaport. The house selected is a Spanish style mansion, designed by American architect H. Morgan Hall in 1930 for the London-born owner of Berrick Trading. The historic landmark now belongs to the city.
Waites will transform the master bedroom and sun porch. Boyd will design the den and bath. Both are conferring with designer workrooms in Japan, which will handle the installations.
“This event promises to be a very good introduction to the show house concept in Japan and something we intend to build on in the years to come,” said Yasue Ishikawa, president of IFDA Japan.
The show house can be viewed at http://yokohamadsh.web.fc2.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...