Down Lite's MoDo eyes gift/novelty market
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/7/2004 12:00:00 AM
MASON, Ohio — Down Lite International unveiled a contemporary bedding program called MoDo (Modern Domestics) aimed at the gift and novelty market.
MoDo caters to an urban singles lifestyle with $99.99 duvet sets that include a duvet, comforter protector and two shams. Down Lite will also be making 50-by-60-inch down throws.
"We are trying to go after a market we have never looked at before," said Stefan Hunter, marketing manager at Down Lite, adding that there are several thousand trendy boutiques and gift stores the company can target.
The first pattern in the new MoDo brand, called Lucky, was rolled out at the recently held New York Home Textiles Market. Lucky features multi-colored playing card icons on a white 300-count cotton sateen background that reverses to solid white. Other patterns will follow later this year in time for the fall market.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...