Michaels Stores Hires Menzer
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/23/2009 12:00:00 AM
Irving, Texas —
Arts and crafts retailer Michaels Stores, Inc., has named former Wal-Mart exec John Menzer, ceo, effective "in early April, but no later than April 15."
Menzer most recently served as vice chairman and chief administrative officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; he previously was president and ceo of Wal-Mart International.
For 10 years prior to joining Wal-Mart, Menzer was a senior executive in the arts and crafts industry, including a stint as president of Ben Franklin Retail Stores, a hybrid arts and crafts/general merchandise wholesaler and retailer.
Michaels is owned by a private equity consortium led by Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...