Former IMRA leader Verdisco passes
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/5/2003 2:48:00 PM
Arlington, VA — Bob Verdisco, who headed the International Mass Retail Association from 1990 until his retirement last December, passed away April 30 due to complications from cancer.
Verdisco assumed the helm of the IMRA at a time when the association was declining in membership, reputation and relevance, the association said, and he turned it around into a leading organization for the retail industry.
"Though Bob was widely recognized for his ability to bridge the gap between retailers and suppliers, and for his knack for working tirelessly behind the scenes while allowing others to have the limelight," a statement from the IMRA said, "he was perhaps the most respected for his depth of character, for his loyalty to those who worked for and with him over the years, for his compassion, and for his deep and unwavering dedication to his family and friends."
This January, IMRA honored him by establishing the Robert J. Verdisco Retail Scholarship, which will annually award $5,000 to a student who is pursuing a career in retail, as well as who has demonstrated leadership in community service.
His survivors include his wife Pat, and his children Elizabeth and Matthew.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...