AATCC design competition finalists named
-- Home Textiles Today, 2/23/2009 1:50:00 PM
Research Triangle Park, N.C. – The American Association of Textile Chemists & Colorists (AATCC) received 125 entries, representing 38 different educational institutions, in its fifth annual design competition.
The competition was developed by the AATCC’s Concept 2 Consumer (C2C) Interest Group for design and retail-related textiles professionals, and the Computer Integrated Textile Design Association (CITDA).
The 10 finalists are:
Fabric Design Finalists
Blossoming Botanics by Katie Carroll, Rhode Island School of Design
Florafest by Chelsea Plumb, Rhode Island School of Design
Haystacks by Katie Stone, North Carolina State University
Let Freedom Reign by Miranda Shilati, Syracuse University
Pattern in Architecture by Eleanor Hoffman, North Carolina State University
Product Design Finalists
Footsteps Maternity by Erika Neumayer, Dominican University
Sleepy Secrets by Anna Johnson, Dominican University
Sustainable by Stephanie A. Franchetti, Albright College
Sweet Snowflakes by Wesley Kathryn Woods, Auburn University
Urban Posh by Rachel Jenkins and Tricia Schinnerer, Radford University
These students will be sent instructions on submitting story boards and products for judging, which will take place on March 25 at the AATCC Technical Center. Winners will be announced on March 31. Winners will receive cash awards of $1,000 for First Place and $500 for Second Place in each category and a complimentary student registration for the 2010 AATCC International Conference.
First place winners will also receive a complimentary copy of Pantone’s Color Passport.
The First Place winner of the Product Design category will also win a trip to Goa, India, to compete for the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) International Colour and Textile Award, June 25-26.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...