Spring, Doroff Promoted at Bloomingdale's
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Tony Spring and Frank Doroff have been promoted to president and vice-chairman of Bloomingdale's respectively.
Spring, who began his career at Bloomingdale's in 1967 as an executive trainee, then became a home furnishings buyer. In 1995 he was promoted to svp of home furnishings and two years later became svp, marketing. In 1998 he was promoted to senior vice president for marketing and in 2003 added Bloomingdales.com, Bloomingdale's by Mail and restaurants to his responsibilities. He became director of stores in 2005.
In his new role he will be responsible for Bloomingdale's stores, marketing, creative services, finance, operations and restaurants. The president post at the 40-store upscale division of Macy's Inc. has been empty since Edwin Holman left the unit in 2004; he is now ceo of Macy's South.
Doroff, most recently senior evp and gmm for Bloomingdale's Direct and ready-to-wear, will have those same responsibilities as vice chairman.
Doroff began his career as an executive trainee with Macy's in 1972, moving up to svp, gmm for ready-to-wear in 1979. He later went to Bullock's and in 1988 became chairman of Federated and Allied Merchandising Services, then moving to Bonwit Teller as chairman. He joined Bloomingdale's in 1991. The division has not had a vice chairman since Lester Gribetz, who gained that title in 1991, became a consultant to the company.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...