NexCen Brands names additional execs
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/17/2007 1:27:00 PM
New York – Bolstering its executive ranks to accelerate plans for its Waverly and Bill Blass businesses, NexCen Brands named Pamela Maffei Toolan vp of the home division at NexCen, reporting to Rick Platt, who this week was recruited (from Official Pillowtex) as president of Waverly and the home division.
Maffei Toolan also will continue her responsibilities heading the design activities of the Waverly decorative fabrics program at P/Kaufmann, the Waverly decorative fabrics licensee. She has been vp, design for the Waverly Lifestyle Group since 2000, where she also was responsible for design for the company’s licensed Colonial Williamsburg collection.
NexCen president and ceo Robert D’Loren said, “Waverly’s premier position in the marketplace was built on the savvy and creativity of its very talented team of designers led by Pamela Toolan.”
On the non-design side, NexCen has named Brenda Palmer vp of licensing and brand development. A 30-year industry veteran, she was most recently vp of licensing for Jordache Enterprises.
Palmer has worked in a range of sales, merchandising, and brand marketing roles at consumer goods companies including the Greg Norman Collection division of Reebok International, Nautica Apparel, Liz Claiborne Accessories, and Polo Ralph Lauren.
“Brenda's expertise in acquiring, licensing and marketing premium brands will be a significant asset as we aim to increase market share in all of our verticals,” said D’Loren.
Earlier this month, NexCen announced that Marvin Traub has joined its board of directors. Traub, long time chairman and ceo of Bloomingdale’s New York , heads his namesake consulting firm, Marvin Traub Associates.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...