Eveningwear inspires Sunham
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 3/29/2004 12:00:00 AM
AT THE NEW YORK MARKET — Sunham Home Fashions debuts its new Carmen Marc Valvo licensed line of bedding this market with three collections inspired by the designer's eveningwear fashions. It also focused on new fabrications, duvets and sheeting in its four Sunham-branded bedding collections.
The Valvo line features such items as 800-count two-ply cotton sheets, ribbon embroidered duvets, velvet shams, heavy knit blankets and cashmere-blend throws. Comforters and more throws will also be added.
One of the collections offers a burnout velvet duvet cover, ribbon embroidered duvet cover, wool blanket, cashmere-blend throw and striated silk sheeting all in a deep to light persimmon colorway.
The Midnight collection has a rose-patterned silk jacquard duvet, a textured silk duvet called Shadow Mix, 800-count sheeting in antique gold or silk jacquard varieties, and a boucle/knit wool throw, all in black, antique gold and mushroom colorways.
The Glamour collection features a textured silk duvet in a natural colorway, a vintage cotton-blend jacquard duvet reversing to satin, a channel-stitched silk blanket and a matelasse blanket, all in natural off-white tones.
In addition, Sunham rolled out up to 10 new quilts and 10 new comforters in each of its bedding collections: Loft, Hampton Home, Veranda and Juice, which caters to teenagers and singles. A big emphasis has been placed on expanding the duvet cover category as well as sheet sets this market.
These bedding collections feature new surface interests with such fabrications as printed microsuede, printed brushed cotton, pressed microsuede and printed stitching that looks like embroidery. In Juice, intricate ethnic-looking prints and woven trims played a major role.
In Sunham's expanding bath and accent rug division, new basics and new constructions were added such as a tufted rayon chenille, cashmere cotton looks, and 10 patterns utilizing a one-on-one technique.
In towels, Sunham is offering six different varieties: Cashmere Plus, Cashmere, Radiance, Silk Essence, Genesis and four collections of jacquards that come in four colorways each.
The Cashmere towel is a new two-ply construction of cotton and modal that comes in eight colors. The Radiance towel has a low-twist, long-loop, ring-spun cotton construction with high sheen in 10 colors. Silk Essence is a long-loop cotton and modal blend and Genesis is a ring-spun combed cotton towel.
Prices range from $19.99 for Cashmere Plus, which has a palette of 12 colors, to $11.99 for Genesis. Jacquard towels range from $7.99 to $14.99.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...