Zarela Fiesta Celebrates New Line
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/13/2004 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Chef and restaurateur Zarela Martinez is hosting a Mexican fiesta today at her Midtown Manhattan restaurant, Zarela, to showcase her new line of table linens, bath coordinates and decorative pillows with Town and Country Living.
Titled “Zarela,” the line is inspired by Mexican arts and crafts objects and cultural motifs, like la loteria (the lottery) and papel picado (colorful tissue paper cut-outs).
Town and Country first debuted its licensed Zarela line this past spring during the New York Home Textiles Market. It comprises a complete line of table linens, including decorative items like napkin rings and toothpick holders, as well as coordinating decorative pillows and full bath coordinate collections.
Zarela is set to hit the shelves of a yet-to-be-announced major discount department store chain.
Martinez is the author of several cookbooks and is the host of her own 13-part cooking series, “Zarela! La Cocina Veracruzana,” on PBS. Her son, Aarón Sanchez, is also a renowned Mexican chef and will be at the party. He has a licensed cookware line at Mervyn's.
The Mexican counsel general is scheduled to cut the ribbon for the party.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...