Mohawk inches upward in new analyst ratings
Wachovia raises investment rating to 'outperform'
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/21/2003 12:00:00 AM
CHARLOTTE, NC —
Cheered as Mohawk Industries' second-quarter performance beat Wall Street expectations, Wachovia Securities raised its investment rating for the carpet and home fashions producer to 'outperform' from a prior grade 'market perform.'
With earnings per share of $1.12, unchanged from the year-ago period, the nation's second-largest producer of commercial and residential carpeting easily beat a consensus Wall Street earnings forecast of $1.05 per share.
"Mohawk's good results depict the diversity of its business within the floor covering industry, its pricing power and its ability to manage costs in a clearly difficult environment," Wachovia said in a research note.
The day after the results were announced, on July 17, Mohawk stock jumped up by 8.3 percent, or $4.84 a share, to $62.98, a 12-month high for the company's shares.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...