Springs to appeal jury verdict
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/7/2003 2:52:00 PM
Austin, TX — Springs' Window Fashions division last week said it would file an appeal to a Texas civil court judgment awarding $7.3 million to The Blind Maker Inc. for commercial fraud.
The verdict was handed up by a Travis County District Court jury after a three-week trial and included a $2 million offset against the plaintiff for failing to make required payments for inventory and equipment while it was part of Springs' Preferred Fabricator Program. The Blind Maker had been selling Springs' products, in particular, Graber window fashions, since 1983 and was its largest fabricator and distributor, buying as much as $19 million in goods from the company, according to the complaint.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...