Security a Priority at Showtime
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/12/2005 12:00:00 AM
High Point, N.C. — —
High Point, N.C. — Showtime Winter 2005 marks the first event reflecting the date change from the January Showtime.
This Showtime, ITMA is instituting a new program of increased security measures designed to further protect exhibitors' intellectual property.
Among the new steps are: attendee badges will be distinctly different from those of exhibitors; more security guards will be posted throughout the show; large bags no longer will be permitted on the show floor during show hours; and buyers will no longer be permitted to linger on the temporary show floor before or after official show hours.
This week, the show will feature exhibits from 221 of its 246 members, with 17 new exhibitors from the United States, India, Spain and Turkey on board.
Showtime will continue its program of events beyond the full schedule of fabric showings that will last until Dec. 14.
An opening night cocktail reception will be hosted by the International Textile Market Association (ITMA), sponsor of Showtime, and Furniture/Today, sister publication of Home Textiles Today. The event will highlight a charity campaign to enlist stocking sponsors for the FOX 8 News/Toys for Tots stocking stuffers program. The event will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 11 at Steven's Steakhouse at Market Square.
ITMA also will co-host a party on Dec. 12 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., again at Steven's Steakhouse.
On Dec. 13, ITMA will host a Showtime Social from 5 to 7 p.m. at Suites at Market Square, level one.
A fall/winter 2006 color and trend seminar will be offered by Design Options on Dec. 13 from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The seminar, to be held in space MS278, will feature a trend perspective from Los Angeles, and detail the fusion between apparel and home fashion markets.
As part of ITMA's efforts to combat copying of designs, attorney Richard Taffet will be on hand to offer free legal services regarding any intellectual property disputes or questions. Taffet will be based in a temporary office at Suites at the Market Square Sales Office.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...