Greiner to Helm Macy's Florida
EVP of Bloomingdale's Succeeds Tim Adams
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/11/2005 12:00:00 AM
Cincinnati — —
Cincinnati — Julie Greiner has been promoted to chairman and CEO of Federated Department Stores' Macy's Florida (formerly Burdines), effective July 31.
Greiner, who currently is senior executive vice president of Federated's Bloomingdale's division, succeeds Tim Adams who last month was named chairman of Macy's Home Store division based in New York.
Greiner, who has an extensive home furnishings background, joined Bloomingdale's in 1993 as vice president, divisional merchandise manager for domestics. She became senior vice president for home furnishings at Bloomingdale's in 1995, executive vice president, director of stores in 1998, and senior executive vice president in 2004.
She began her career as an executive trainee at J.W. Robinson's (later Robinson's-May) in 1975, and over the next 18 years rose through positions of increasing responsibility in merchandising and store organization.
Susan Kronick, Federated's vice chair to whom Greiner reports, called her “an exceptionally talented and creative executive who has distinguished herself at Bloomingdale's and led its stores organization through a period of significant growth.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...