Traditions to Debut Charlotte Moss Collection
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/8/2007 12:00:00 AM
Claverack, N.Y. —
Charlotte Moss, interior designer and author of design and decorating books, has signed a licensing agreement for a decorative bedding collection with Traditions by Pamela Kline here.
The collection, to be introduced at the New York Gift Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center from Jan. 28 to Feb. 1, is based on antique textiles.
"We both love antique textiles," explained Pamela Kline, ceo. "Charlotte decided to do a bedding line, and it's a good fit. Charlotte is a little more formal than I am; her point of view will bring more of a luxe look, trims, and be a bit cleaner. It will offer us a new dimension but with the same sensibility."
The first collection will have two beds. William, an oversized damask printed on linen, is mated to a stonewashed basketweave matelasse in blue. Two styles of sheets are part of the William bed, a rich blue, that Kline refers to as "the city bed." The queen linen duvet is $362 cost and is offered as special orders.
Carnations, "the country bed," uses two blues, a French and a royal shade, on a printed duvet. A blue gingham is featured both as sheets and as fabric by the yard. Carnations is planned as a stock program.
Both beds also coordinate with solid linen colors in blue, ivory, aloe and white. Sleepwear including classic man-tailored pajamas, a nightshirt, and kimono, also are featured.
With a signature design statement of couture living, Moss heads her home furnishings store and interior design firm — Charlotte Moss and Company — in New York and also has a line of home fragrances. In February 2006, she launched a collection of decorative fabrics and furniture with Brunschwig et Fils.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...