Federated to sell Fingerhut, finally
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
Cincinnati — After months of negotiations and close calls with other suitors, Federated Department Stores Inc. announced today that it has reached a definitive agreement with FAC Acquisitions Llc for the purchase of certain Fingerhut assets.
Former Fingerhut chief executive Thomas Petters and Theodore Deikel, owner of a wholesale business in Eden Prairie, MN, are principals of FAC Acquisitions, which has already indicated a desire to rehire many former Fingerhut employees.
Assets included in the agreement include the distribution center and other facilities in St. Cloud, MN; the subsidiary's Minnetonka, MN, corporate headquarters; the data center in Plymouth, MN; the distribution center in Piney Flats, TN; and the Fingerhut name, website and existing inventory, as well as other miscellaneous property and equipment.
According to Federated, the final closing could take place within the next few weeks.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...