Hoffman launches bedding division, McNeil to lead
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/27/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK — Hoffman Mills has hired Sandy McNeil, formerly president of the Hollander Home Fashion’s fashion bedding division, to spearhead its expansion into finished bedding products.
The weaver of sheers, jacquards and dobbies plans to work with customers, primarily U.S. suppliers, on an exclusive basis.
Hoffman has been doing fabrics business in China for five years, and bedding for two years, said Barbara Hoffman, vice president and creative director of the major mill.
Hoffman will be looking to China to develop high-end pick fabrics "that we couldn't afford to produce in the United States," Hoffman noted. "The middle price points and constructions will be done here and in Mexico."
Lynn Ostrow, a veteran home textiles stylist, will be the bedding stylist as an independent, and will work with specific customers, Hoffman said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...