Lowe’s starts share repurchase program
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/31/2005 12:18:00 PM
MOORESVILLE , N.C. — The board of directors of Lowe's Companies, Inc. has approved a share repurchase program of up to $1 billion.
The purchases will be made from time to time in either on the open market or through private transactions, the company reported. As of Oct. 29, 2004 , Lowe's Companies, Inc. had 772 million shares outstanding.
"Following our $1 billion share repurchase in 2004, this additional authorization from the board is an indication of the financial strength of Lowe's and, with ongoing dividend payments, allows us to enhance the overall return to shareholders," commented Robert Niblock, Lowe's chairman, president and CEO.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...