Costco sees modest gain
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/26/2005 12:53:00 PM
ISSAQUAH, Wash. – Soft lines sales fell below Costco Wholesale Corp.’s 7 percent comp during the recent quarter, but within the category domestics and home furnishings were strong performers, the company reported during its third quarter earnings conference call today.
Overall profits edged up a slender 5.6 percent to $209.8 million, held in check by store pre-opening and closing costs. Sales improved 10.1 percent, to $11.7 billion.
Costco is “ramping up” its expansion plans for its fiscal year 2006 with more store openings than originally expected. The retailer will open at least 25 to 30 units in fiscal year 2006, “many more underway now in comparison to last year,” said Richard Galanti executive vice president, chief financial officer.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...