Curvy Covers Seek Shape of Sleep to Come
By Michele SanFilippo -- Home Textiles Today, 1/2/2006 12:00:00 AM
Chicago — —
Chicago — The Curvy Pillow Co. has created a new concept in bedding that transforms standard sleep pillows into curvy, ergonomic shapes with two patent-pending all-cotton pillow covers that feature zippered closures.
The Curvy Headpillow Cover transforms the rectangular sleep pillow into an oval shape designed to look and feel better than the typical pillow. The Curvy Bodypillow Cover uses three conventional sleep pillows and fits most standard rectangular body pillows. The first item has a suggested retail of $25, the second $35.
The latter concept was apparently invented in 1988 and originally called the Sleeping Bean by body pillow originator and curvy pillow cover creator, Pam Blumenthal.
“At first people would tell me that body pillows were a cute way to replace a boyfriend or girlfriend,” recalled Blumenthal. “My response was that it was more physical than emotional ... so I took it to a physical therapist at Columbus Hospital in Chicago who showed me some therapeutic uses for the body pillow.”
Since then, the company has supplied hospitals and physical therapy centers nationwide with body pillows. It also offers an anti-microbial version, Staph Check, to hospitals.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...