By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/14/2005 12:00:00 AM
Wal-Mart Working on Conservation
The foundation for Wal-Mart's new experimental store in Aurora, Colo., makes use of over 500 tons of Denver Stapleton Airport's runway, crushed up and recycled.
The goals of the new experimental store — and another that opened this past summer in McKinney, Texas — are to reduce the amount of energy and natural resources required to operate and maintain the stores, reduce the amount of raw materials needed to construct the facility, and substitute, when appropriate, renewable materials.
ShopKo Selling Reno Stores
ShopKo Stores, Inc. has sold its two units in Reno, Nev., to a San Francisco, Calif.-based entity comprised of SPI Holdings, LLC and Retail West Inc., citing economics and changes in the Reno retail market as reasons for the closings.
The stores will operate through the holiday season and be closed early in 2006.
Sears Looks to Expand E-Commerce
Sears has boosted its contract with a fulfillment supplier to expand its online product selection without taking on new inventory.
The deal, with CommerceHub, will also help Sears more easily add new suppliers to the system and streamline the fulfillment process for online orders through a Drop-Ship Master application suite, according to the companies.
Garnet Hill Partners With Trans-Ocean
Garnet Hill has entered into a licensing partnership with Trans-Ocean — a rug manufacturer.
The Garnet Hill Rug Collection made its debut in the Trans-Ocean showroom at the October High Point Market. The rugs will be distributed in department stores and specialty boutiques nationwide.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...