McNeil to replace Levitt at Hollander
Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 4/30/2001 7:24:00 AM
BOCA RATON, FL — Moving quickly to fill the vacancy left by the release of Bob Levitt, Hollander Home Fashions named Sandy McNeil senior vp of its Fashion Bedding division.
McNeil, an employee of Hollander since 1994, will be responsible for all merchandising, marketing and sales for the division as well as working with the design team, sourcing materials and merchandising the fashion lines and assisting retailers in sell through. McNeil will work out of Hollander's New York showroom/office as well as the Wall, NJ office and will report directly to Leo Hollander, ceo.
Sandy has been a real management standout," said Jeff Hollander, president. "She has met and exceeded all of the challenges placed in front of her. We feel strongly that her strengths in leadership, vision and merchandising will help propel Hollander to the next tier of bedding manufacturers."
Throughout her tenure with Hollander, McNeil has also worked as an account executive with the Basic Bedding division. While vp of the Laura Ashley division, McNeil also headed Hollander's mattress pad and cuddlebed division. Her successor as head of the Ashley division has not yet been named.
"Fashion is much more volatile," McNeil told Home Textiles Today of her new responsibilities. "You have to move ahead of the market in terms of the fashions and you have to be more aggressive and more ahead of the game. I need to learn my challenges and figure out how to do things in a more competitive fashion.
"I'm very, very excited," she added.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...