Howard Israel creates consulting service
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/4/2001 12:00:00 AM
BOSTON — Veteran home furnishings retailer Howard Israel has formed Howard Israel Associates (HIA), a consulting service for retailers and manufacturers.
Israel, whose home furnishings career began as a buyer for Filene's Basement, based here, and later started Leejay Bed & Bath, a specialty chain that over three decades grew to more than 50 stores with revenues of more than $100 million. Leejay was one of the first specialty chains to do direct importing. Later, Israel opened SoftHome, a specialty retailer of home textiles. Both Leejay and SoftHome are no longer in business.
Howard Israel Associates specializes in global sourcing, vendor partnerships, brand management, special projects, merchandising and retailing. Currently HIA is consulting with an e-tailer in establishing relationships with brand suppliers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...