Brinkley eco-chic fabrics launch at Jo-Ann
-- Home Textiles Today, 4/6/2009 11:07:00 AM
The goods are made with organic cotton or recycled polyester, the company said. Printed designs are created using a waterless process, a green method that has virtually no waste water.
“I wanted to design fabrics that are great looking and casual but, as a mother of three and a longtime environmental advocate, I also wanted the fabrics to be environmentally friendly,” said Brinkley. “My commitment is to use eco-sensitive fibers and fabrics to create a collection that combines my love of global design with a distinct American point of view,” she said.
Michelle Christensen, vp and gmm of Jo-Ann, said, “Christie’s fabrics will appeal to both the customer who is seeking sustainable fabric as well as the customer who is drawn by fresh designs and color.”
The inspiration for the collection is Brinkley’s beach house. The fabrics include a seersucker stripe and a variety of prints on both recycled polyester and organic cotton blended matelasse. They are designed with an eye toward being made into window treatments, bedding, decorative pillows, slipcovers and other décor. Colors range from beachglass blues and greens to the rich corals of the sea.
On the www.joann.com website, 20 fabric varieties in the collection are now offered at sale prices of $14.99 to $20.99, with regular prices listed at $24.99 to $34.99.
Concept Marketing Group is the licensing agent for Christie Brinkley’s home program.
Other brands currently featured at Jo-Ann include: Liz Claiborne, Nautica, Christopher Lowell, Tommy Bahama, and Waverly.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...