Next Creations/Raymond Waites Designs focusing on elaborate looks
-- Home Textiles Today, 3/10/2010 9:35:00 AM
At the New York Market -Next Creations/Raymond Waites Designs is taking a two-pronged approach to its bedding collections – offering a more traditional, decorative look that is updated and less heavy than in the past, as well as more transitional, more modern look for a younger customer.
“We’re doing much more elaborate looks in fashion bedding especially with sewing and details,” said Michael Vidra, president. In this segment of the business, we’re doing more traditional but updated, more livable and fresh forwards in design.”
In the second segment, “we’re looking at more modern, more transitional designs and embellishments. There are some major retailers that can’t sell full traditional looks. And even those that can, are looking for looser interpretations, not as detailed, easier.”
For both segments of the business, Vidra noted, “one of our strengths is in the development of embroideries.”
Another interesting point, Vidra noted, “is that we are selling a lot of decorative pillows for the bedding, some three or four to one in relation to the comforter.” And for both the retailers and the company, the pillows provide a high margin edge.
In the more formal side of the business, the company is launching a duvet cover program, a subtle cotton print with understated metallic accents in a range of colors.
In this side of the business, subtle touches of glitter appear either as accents on the bedding or as part of the array of decorative pillows designed for each bed.
In decorative bedding Phillippe is a classic polyester/rayon woven enhanced by jeweled embellished decorative pillows. Austin is a rayon jacquard with an open Jacobean motif, while Lansdale is a cotton sateen print in an open classic motif with metallic gold accents.
On the more casual side of the line, there are four new beds in the Regatta coiollection that debuted last market. Within the casual grouping, there are several embroidered beds, “and one of our strengths is in the development of embroideries,” Vidra remarked.
In the new collection Rialto features piecing with surface interest, a slight sheen and embroidery, while Natalia is a yarn dyed plaid with pleated edging and Gardner highlights the company’s approach to a younger look bedding embroidery.
I wish you would offer matching coverlets to your charisma euro shams. If it is available somewhere please let me know. Thank you.Lisa Kelley - 2012-10-11 14:01:22 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...