Restoration Hardware unveils Gallery
-- Home Textiles Today, 9/9/2009 1:00:00 PM
New York – Restoration Hardware’s new Gallery will hold a kick-off party tonight to benefit God’s Love We Deliver on the heels of previewing the concept earlier today.
The new Gallery store, located in Manhattan on Broadway and 22nd St., follows the recent opening of the inaugural Gallery in the San Francisco market. The idea is to bring “best on planet” products to the discerning shopper, according to Restoration Hardware ceo Gary Friedman.
The 75 artisan reproductions of antique and rare home furnishings are the stars of the show. Restoration Hardware’s in-line bedding, bath and soft accessories are merchandised on and around the pieces.
The company decided to go with a decidedly high-end formula last year despite the sinking economy because, said Friedman, “When most people turn left, it’s probably a good idea to turn right.” The retail industry’s shift toward value served as the turn left. “Better value is a code word for cheaper goods,” he said.
Not that value isn’t part of the equation at Gallery. Friedman pointed to a large, convex clock mirror, a reproduction of a $15,000 piece in his personal collection. The Gallery piece retailers for $2,400.
Gallery isn’t targeting a specific demographic as much as it is “ a customer who appreciates good taste and good design,” said Friedman, who led a team around the world to explore products, meet with craftsmen and develop the collection. “We circled the globe five times in six months,” he said. “If we fail, we will fail beautifully.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...