Cotton sheet and terry towel imports climb
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/7/2005 12:57:00 PM
WASHINGTON – The government’s preliminary report on textiles exports for the first 11 months of 2005 shows a year-over-year boom in cotton sheet imports and a solid gain in cotton terry towels.
Total cotton terry towel imports through the end of November rose 36.6 percent. The biggest gainers were China, up 308.6 percent, and Pakistan, up 128.5 percent. India – whose total volume year-to-date is more than three times China’s – rose 20.3 percent.
Cotton sheet imports raced ahead by 84.9 percent during the period. China Brazil and Pakistan led the way, up 504.9 percent, 406.4 percent and 405.6 percent, respectively. Turkey boosted shipments by 101.5 percent, and India jumped ahead 61.2 percent.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...