SureFit to close sewing plant in Pa.
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/15/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK – Slipcover manufacturer Sure Fit will be closing down its sewing facility on Marcon Boulevard in Hanover Township, Lehigh County, Pa., by Sept. 23.
Approximately 180 employees, primarily sewers, will lose their jobs. The plant’s remaining 350 employees will work at the company’s two facilities in Upper Macungie Township.
According to Karen Cavage, a Sure Fit employee and president of the Local 2552T of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, 153 union members will be affected by the plant closing.
Since filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in early March, Sure Fit has been trying to consolidate facilities trim costs. To remain competitive, the company has also increasingly shifted production to imports.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...