Meet me at the Plaza, via Christie’s
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/14/2006 12:28:00 PM
New York – It will be a little late for Valentine’s Day, but romantic and nostalgic items from New York ’s famed Plaza Hotel will be auctioned off at Christie’s on March 15. Bed linens, chandeliers, flatware and candlesticks, robes and slippers - - everything necessary for that special breakfast in bed - - will be offered at prices estimated from $50 to $18,000.
Many of the items will feature the Plaza monogram; others will feature the Oak Room logo. The Plaza, a National Historic Landmark overlooking Central Park , is undergoing a $350 million renovation and will in part be converted into condominium apartments. Developer Elad Properties plans to re-open in 2007.
While designs for the new bedding, bath and related textile furnishings are now in progress, no manufacturers have been selected. Interested suppliers are encouraged to contact Dan Stewart, vp hospitality, Elad Properties, at 212-807-6161.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...