JLA Home Buys Pet Bed Powerhouse
Acquisition of Flex-Mat Adds Midwestern Distribution Capability
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/13/2007 12:00:00 AM
Plainfield, Ill. —
JLA Home, a division of E & E Co., has acquired Flexi-Mat Corporation, a design and manufacturer of pet bedding products sold through all channels of distribution in the North American market, with annual revenues of $60 million.
The acquisition includes all Flexi-Mat real estate, production, and warehouse equipment as well as all intellectual properties and patents. The 150,000-square-foot, state-of the-art production and distribution facility and several acres of land give JLA Home distribution capabilities in the Midwest with the ability to expand, the company said.
"This now makes us the dominant player in this $240 million [pet bed] category," said Scott White, senior vp.
JLA's new pet goods division will likely operate under the existing Flexi-Mat name, which has been in existence for more than 60 years. A core team of former Flexi-Mat employees and management has been hired to lead the new division, reporting directly into the JLA management team.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...