Westgate Recruits Johnson
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/21/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — Cheryl Johnson has joined Westgate in the new position of vp of window fashions and business development.
Johnson reports to Tom Coughlin, executive vp and general manager for bedding and window treatments. Westgate's parent company, Home Furnishing International, is making a substantial investment in building its window fashions business under Coughlin's leadership.
“Our fabric lines are very extensive and lend themselves beautifully to fashionable window treatments,” Coughlin said. “Therefore, we need a great merchant like Cheryl to optimize our offerings and create a comprehensive window fashions line.”
Johnson has more than 25 years of experience in the home fashions industry, designing window coverings and developing new businesses for leading companies including Croscill Home and Waverly.
Johnson said the company's vertical manufacturing operation in China gives it competitive advantage, especially when backed by access to fabric from the American Decorative Fabrics (ADF) division.
For the past year, Johnson served as vp for wood moulding at Neilsen Bainbridge, a supplier of frames, framed art and foam core. Prior to that, she worked for Croscill Home and Waverly for nearly two decades. Johnson was director of window for Croscill; her positions at Waverly included design director for home fashions and director of planning and merchandising.
Johnson began her career at Celanese, the now-defunct fiber producer.
The move is the latest in a series of appointments over the past year as the company moves rapidly to expand its category reach. Earlier this month, Home Furnishing International, the parent company of American Decorative Fabrics (ADF), Home Fashions International (HFI), and Westgate Interiors, announced that it would unify its corporate identity and marketing under the Westgate brand.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...