DuPont, Louisville Bedding step up with new pillow fill
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/7/2002 3:21:00 PM
Wilmington, DE — A new fill introduced by DuPont Textiles and Interiors (DTI) and Louisville Bedding Co. is designed to take the luxury sleep pillow market higher.
The new fill, labeled Cashmere Cluster, is a blend of cashmere and synthetic fiberfill and is debuting in Louisville's New York showroom this market as part of a new high-end sleep pillow offering. Cashmere Cluster is being paired with two high-thread-count tickings. One is an 800-count two-ply, while the other is a 1,000-count two-ply. It is also being used for Louisville's Beautyrest Exceptionale pillow line. Retail prices for pillows using Cashmere Cluster range from $75 to $125 for standard, queen and king sizes.
According to Donna Kelloway, bedding product business manager for DTI, Cashmere Cluster represents the highest level in a good-better-best strategy of fills currently offered by DTI for higher-end, luxury bed pillows. The first level is represented by MicroSilk, which utilizes silk and synthetic fill, while the second is represented by another new fill labeled by DTI as MicroSilk Supreme, which contains 50 percent more silk than its predecessor.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...