By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/22/2003 12:00:00 AM
Burdines names new president/coo
Federated Department Stores last week named Nirmal "Trip" Tripathy president and coo of its Miami-based Burdines division, effectively immediately. The position has been vacant since Michael Osborn moved to Macy's West as president/coo in June 2002.
Tripathy joined Burdines as executive vp of administration in July 2002. Prior to that, he had served as cfo of Limited Stores.
Pier 1 campaign goes for a Queer Eye makeover
Pier 1 Imports has signed one of the Fab Five from the popular television show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy to become its celebrity spokesperson, ending its three-year run with actress Kirstie Alley.
Thom Filicia, known as the interior design expert on the show and head of Thom Filicia Inc. in New York, will begin appearing in the "Get in Touch With Your Senses" advertising and marketing campaign, which will include broadcast and print media, in the spring.
BBB adds to board
Bed Bath & Beyond announced the election of Joseph Heller to the board of directors, expanding the board to 10 members. Heller is a managing director at American Economic Planning Group, where he focuses on comprehensive financial and estate planning for individuals and businesses.
Ex-Lowe's exec to Dollar Tree board
Dollar Tree Stores announced the appointment of Thomas Whiddon to its board of directors and the board's audit committee.
Whiddon served as executive vp of logistics and technology for Lowe's Companies until his retirement this past March. He also previously served as executive vp, cfo, of Lowe's.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...